Each unique project begins with an idea, concept or vision that some may not have even thought was possible. As creative LED video wall displays and digital signage continue to see dramatic increases in popularity, more companies than ever are beginning to offer products and services to meet the high demand. With this increase in providers, thorough research is essential to ensure that a company’s product and service can successfully bring your project to life. Here’s a look at a few of the questions you should consider before diving head first into your LED video wall project.
What are you trying to create?
- There are many uses for LED video displays beyond that of a traditional square or rectangle design. There are magnetic, rubber, cast, and aluminum based products that serve a number of unique purposes. Just because a company appears to have done a lot of large scale work, this does not necessarily make them the best fit for your project.
Does the product exist to make your vision a reality?
- Often, architects and designers may pitch concepts and ideas using LED video products before doing research to make sure that a solution exists for that application. The LED video display industry is rapidly advancing its products and capabilities on a technical playback side as well as the physical attributes of the displays themselves.
Is the design feasible and is it serviceable?
- The market can often limit the mind of its creativity, but making sure the LED Video design is feasible both physically and financially is the best place to start. A final install can look incredible, but if you cannot easily service the display in the event of product failure then you may have a lot of costs on the back side of the installation you were not expecting. Making your LED video display design works from a support and service standpoint will save you a lot of headaches.
Who have they worked with?
- Have they worked with large fortune 500 companies? Can they provide quality references from clients? What type of work have they done primarily? Appropriately educating yourself about your potential LED provider can help ensure that your project will go more smoothly.
Does the provider have the resources to provide service before, during and after the installation?
- Often times, people only see the end goal in mind, overlooking the bigger picture. Will the company you choose have project managers, technical sales reps, and accessible post sale technical support? Making sure you feel comfortable with your provider after they have your money is most important to the successful longevity of your LED video display
Is the company you’re looking at trying to sell you what you need?
- This is one thing that you need to look at very hard. While each project has a product that can meet the basic requirements you need to optimally create your video design, there is often a slightly better option that the client wants. Make sure your provider is giving you product options and be sure to ask for a product demo. This will allow you to feel 100% comfortable in your choice of both provider and LED video product.
Can your LED video display provider grow with you and your long term vision?
- Every company has a growth plan, and future projects in mind. Making sure your provider can grow with you and your long term ideas and goals is something that is often overlooked when making the investment into LED video displays. Keeping in mind your future growth needs, your LED video investment should serve you for at least five to ten years depending on your specific application.
When selecting a LED Video Display company, they should guide you through the purchase and installation process and provide routine maintenance and service. Be sure to choose an sign company that is experienced in LED sign installation and service. Ask for and check references, and if you have the opportunity for a facility tour, take it. As always, PixelFLEX LED video displays are sold exclusively through our network of dealer partners, and we’d be more than happy to guide you through that process as your partner along the way.