When it comes to signage and displays, nothing turns heads quite like crisp and brilliant LEDs. LED technology has evolved in such a way that makes it more practical, functional, efficient, cost effective, and eco-friendly than printed advertising materials. While many convenience stores, hospitals, schools, restaurants and retailers have installed LED signage indoors, these same organizations are realizing illuminated displays can also be used outdoors for effective message delivery to help drive awareness and foot traffic. But when deploying this type of technology outside, there is some important information to keep in mind to ensure you’re getting the most out of your LED displays.
At PixelFLEX, LED signage and displays are our specialty. We produce a large variety of award-winning LED display systems that offer clear and detailed imaging to suit any situation indoor or out, traditional or creative. As experts, we hold valuable insights into how to make sure your exterior LED lighting solutions are working for you. Here are 5 important tips you should know.
- Select the right hardware: Outdoor displays can fail during the winter months if you’re located in an area that experiences frigid temperatures. A full outdoor-rated display can withstand direct sun exposure, extreme temperature fluctuations, dust, humidity and condensation, making it the ideal selection for locations that see wide temperature ranges throughout the year.
- Maintenance Inspections: Exterior signage can suffer damage from the weather, animals, accidents, intentional abuse, and normal wear over time. Routine maintenance inspections of the display’s seals, foundation, wiring, and timing clock for defects are crucial to make sure minor problems don’t evolve into huge headaches.
- Regulate temperature: LED technology requires an environment that delivers stable temperatures within its enclosure, and operational temperature between 77° F and 5° F. LED displays constantly run throughout the day, and measures must be enacted to avoid overheating, which can leave permanent yellow defects as well as component degradation. Regulating the environment with appropriate Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) measures will ensure reliability even in extreme climate conditions.
- Safeguard against water: Water penetrating from the outside and moisture within the enclosure can cause damage and display failure. Minimize this risk by using a closed loop air circulation system to fully isolate the display unit. A closed loop system prevents moisture and contaminants from entering the unit and corrupting critical parts.
- Remote Monitoring: Remote monitoring allows you to manage your signage and react to the first signs of malfunction before a larger issue can arise from worsening conditions. An ideal exterior LED system will give you remote monitoring capabilities to not only see the state of your screen, but to remotely update the screens content as well.
Outdoor LED displays can be difficult to service, offer little weather resistance, and fail to auto adjust brightness. That’s why we have launched FLEXStorm, a weatherproof outdoor LED display for permanent installation. FLEXStorm is fully front serviceable and designed to handle even the most extreme outdoor elements. This robust technology is great for billboards, advertising displays, outdoor entertainment spaces, and wherever vibrant messaging is needed. It is customizable and able to be manufactured in different cabinet sizes to fit your unique requirements. FLEXStorm uses an intelligent auto correcting light sensor control system to ensure the perfect brightness and visibility no matter the exterior conditions.
FLEXStorm is the ideal solution for outdoor advertising, entertainment, and other content broadcasting. To learn more about this reliable, innovative LED solution, visit us online at pixelflexled.com.